Monday, December 26, 2011

Happy Holidays!

For the holidays, I was going to try and do a "12 Days of Christmas" series, ending on Christmas day, but because of finals and everything else, I ran out of time. Instead, I did a few sketches I liked enough to finish as paintings. Unfortunately, I still only had time to do one:


A nice wintery portrait of Christian, Kit and Christian's little sister, Evelyn. This was my first time with soft shading in photoshop, and I'm glad to say I think I understand how to do it now. The upside of this being the only picture I could finish is, I think it will be my last finished artwork for 2011. And with all the issues I went through this semester, this year in fact, I'm glad to have finished on a good note with this. 

I will be finishing the other sketches I planned on doing, of course. Hopefully before schoolwork piles on again. 


I also got some nice gifts this year:

A popcorn maker for my dorm 
How to Train Your Dragon: Gift of the Night Fury/Book of Dragons
The Lion King, Diamond Edition
A nice Moleskine sketchbook
Giftcards
A nice new watch
and an Iphone!

My relatives from my mother's side came up from Florida tonight and will be coming over tomorrow for a "second" Christmas dinner. We haven't had this many relatives together in quite some time, so it only adds to the good note this year's ending on. 

I wish this post could be longer, but between the holidays, and recovering from finals, my brain is gone! I wish everyone a Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment