Saturday, November 19, 2016

Finally, an Update!!

It took me way too long to realize this blog was put on my business card, yet I haven't touched it in 2 years. That being said though, I will be making a mission to keep this blog alive and well. With what you might ask? Well 2 years is a long time which means there will be a lot of new project posts from here on in: news, updates, behind the scenes, progress content and maybe even v-logs (I will be feeling that one out.)

I have many, many film ideas and a future main project I'd love to get going in the near future. The one you can expect a lot of right now though, is "Shift!"

Working Title Design

"Shift" Character Line Up

Shift is not just a short film I'm looking to make on it's own, it's to serve as a sort of introduction to a much bigger story I have been working on for a few years now. This main story won't come for a while yet. There's a lot to be developed and I need to decide how to tell it. Webcomic/Print Comic? Animated? I'm not sure. Still a lot of decision making to be made, but I digress.

Summary: A young shapeshifter, part boy and part lynx, struggles to find his place in life. He doesn't make a very good hunter as a human and easily pushed around by the other animals. It isn't until he rescues and befriends a deer does he begin to discover who he really is and find his purpose.

It was difficult to not share more of the story, I'm very excited about this and what you'll find when the story's revealed! However, more and more will be shared with each post. I am currently in the middle of CTNX and have already been very inspired to really buckle down and commit not only to this film, but to sharing more of my process and getting others involved as well. I will be making it a goal to post bi-weekly to start, with hopes of making it weekly. By August, when I will be exhibiting at my first convention ever (Liberty City Anime Con), I hope to have a lot of material to share from storyboards to "teaser" posters and prints. So here's to 2017 and what's to come for Shift!

No comments:

Post a Comment